Pages Tab

Thursday, January 7, 2016

January Challenge: Titled, Themed and Random

For the month of January, We Love YA Books is hosting a challenge that runs from January 1st to January 31st. We Love YA Books is a GoodReads group in which I am a member. This challenge is actually three challenges and you can decide to do one, two, or all three of them. I have decided to do all three of them. The three challenges are the Title Challenge, Themed Challenge, and Random Read Challenge.

The Title Challenge consists of taking a New Year's Resolution and spelling it out with book titles. The New Year's resolution that I choose is to "get more organized", I shortened it to "neater." The only book that I am sure that I will read for this challenge is Asylum by Madeleine Roux. So therefore, I'll be reading a total of six books for this challenge. I'm actually looking forward to this. I love trying to spell out words with book titles. I always end up reading books I wasn't planning on reading anytime soon and loving them.

The Themed Challenge consists of reading a certain amount of books that are first in the series. You can choose the amount of books you want to read for this challenge. This challenge is based on the fact that January is the first month of the year. I have chosen to read just two books for this challenge. I have started more than enough series that I haven't finished yet and I really don't want to add too many more before I finish some of the others.

The Random Read Challenge consists a random number generator and your GoodReads TBR shelf (or any other shelf you may want too you). First you decide how many books you want to read, then you use a random number generator to give you numbers for the amount of books you want to read. After that you go to your TBR shelf and look for the books that corresponds to the number picked for you. I'll use my choice as an example, just in case the way I explained this is a little confusing. I chose two books and went to random.org using the integer generator to get two random numbers. I got the numbers 602 and 1606. Next I took the numbers and looked for the corresponding numbers to the two books on my TBR shelf. For the number 602, I got the book Hideaway by Dean Koontz. For the number 1606, I got the book Tonight and Always by Nora Roberts.

So for the challenge as a whole I plan to read ten books.

No comments:

Post a Comment