Pages Tab

Monday, June 13, 2016

City of Screams by James Rollins & Rebecca Cantrell


Genre: Thriller, Action & Paranormal
Publication Date: October 30, 2012
# of Pages: 100

City of Screams is #0.5 in The Order of the Sanguines series. It is told from Sergeant Jordan Stone's POV and takes place in Afghanistan. Sergeant Jordan, his forensic team and a professor are called in to investigate the massacre of an archaeology team that was massacred in the ruins of Shahr-e-Gholghol. On their way to the site and when they arrive we learn more about the history of Shahr-e-Gholghol thanks to the professor. Shahr-e-Gholghol is said to be haunted due to the betrayal of an emperor's daughter to Genghis Khan. Once at the site, Jordan Stone and his team notice some abnormal animal tracks. And not long after that come across a ten year old girl who survived. Can she help them or will she just make things worse?

City of Screams is the first novel I have read from James Rollins and also the first novel I have read from Rebecca Cantrell. I cannot say that I really liked this short story. I guess the elements that I was looking for really weren't meant to be there as I suppose this is supposed to make you want to read the first book of the series, The Blood Gospel. I was confused through most of it as I wasn't quite sure how everything tied into each other. However, this does make me want to start the series. I just curiosity does kill the cat, because I am super curious as to getting to know more about Jordan Stone and his team. I am hoping that more comes to light about the little girl, even if it is through past thoughts and memories from the characters in the book.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment