Pages Tab

Friday, January 1, 2016

Challenges & Ideas for 2016 Part 6

Hey guys. I was more busy yesterday than I expected, so as a result this post is a day late. Sorry guys. Today is the first day of a new year: 2016. I'm little excited and then I wish last year would have just slowed down a little bit. My birthday is in a little over three months. I'll be 24 and would prefer for the time to not move so fast as I'm not trying to be older any faster. I would like to linger in my year. You know I want to feel like I've been one age for a long time instead of feeling like my birthday was just here not that long ago and somehow it has crept up on me. I wish I hadn't sad how much I wanted to grow up when I was kid; I'd prefer to go back to those days.

So back to the topic here. One last challenge that I know for sure that I want to do in 2016 (there may be more as the year progresses) is the From Fiction to Reality Challenge. This challenge is hosted by a GoodReads group that I am a member of called 2016 Reading Challenge. I really love this group as they host a lot of challenges which helps me to stay on track with my goal for the year. I'll probaby go through the challenges they have up this weekend, so there most likely will be more challenges for me to participate in and post about. They have monthly, quarterly and yearly challenges. This challenge is a yearly challenge.


From Fiction to Reality Challenge is a challenge that inspires people who mainly read fictional books to read more nonfiction books and vice versa. For this challenge books will be read in pairs. For example I selected to read 10 pairs, so I'll be reading a total of 20 books.So if for example you read Pretty Little Liars, you could read a nonfiction book about (1)Pennsylvania since the book takes place in Pennsylvania; (2) missing person cases since Alison is believed to be missing through most of the book; or even a book about (3) grief and loss for teenagers  because Aria, Hannah, Emily and Spencer grieve after finding out that Allison is dead. You can find various topics in a fictional book and more than likely there's a non-fiction book out there for it. Another example would be if you read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, you could read The Great Gatsby because even though Gatsby throws huge parties, it's obvious he's an introvert given the fact that no one ever sees him at his own parties. Also, Nick would be considered an introvert as well. He didn't want to go to Gatsby's party because he wanted to socialize, he went because he was curious ad kind of dragged there.

I am really excited to start this challenge as it seems very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment